logo-profile

OTICE

.COM

.NG


Home of Nigeria Latest News and Updated Information
tag-iconNigerian News
tag-iconondo , Toxic waste , WeWood Company

Toxic waste discharged by WeWood Company allegedly kills three in Ondo

user_icon Posted by:
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
views-icon Views:
128
like-icon Page likes:
0
dislike-icon Page dislikes:
0
comments-iconComments:
0
calendar-icon Posted on: 2020-09-06 19:16:15
share-icon Share(s):
0
ONDO-STATE-1280X720



Three persons have been confirmed dead in Ondo State following alleged exposure to toxic waste.
The deceased were suspected to have been killed by toxic waste allegedly discharged into a pit in Omotosho forest reserve by a Chinese manufacturing company (WeWood Company) in Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State.
It was gathered that the casualties, Akinmusire Monday, 35, Samuel Louis, 45, and Ododolewa Adebowale, 19 had gone to work at the forest reserve situated in Akinfosile/Omotosho area of the local government.
The trio, who went to the forest reserve to fell trees and cut them to size for sale last week failed to return which prompted the community leader of Akinfosile where the incident happened to the report to security agencies.
Following the intervention of the community leader, Olufara of Akinfosile, Oba Olamide Ayodele, a search party was put together which led to the discovery of the missing persons with their dead bodies covered with black substance suspected to be toxic waste.
When youths in the community realised that they were killed by toxic waste generated by the Chinese company, which is into cassava to ethanol processing, they protested to the company to alert them about the incident.
Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Teo-Leo Ikoro, said it was an accident as a result of the toxic waste that overflowed where it was discharged.
“The bodies of the victims of the accident have been deposited in a morgue. But the company and the families of the victims are already talking and making arrangements on the matter. It was an accident.”

DO YOU KNOW >>> My husband has concubines, starves me says Wife tells court

READ ALSO >>> APC reveals why Tribunal will sack Obaseki, boasts ahead of Ondo election - Edo

READ ALSO >>>

READ ALSO >>>

BREAKING >>> My husband has concubines, starves me says Wife tells court


For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG

Kindly share this post on different Social Media below


COMMENTS

NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.


NO POSTED COMMENT