logo-profile

OTICE

.COM

.NG


Home of Nigeria Latest News and Updated Information
tag-iconNews
tag-iconFourth Mainland Bridge , Hamzat , lagos

Lagos announces when construction will start, lists bidders - Fourth Mainland Bridge

user_icon Posted by:
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
views-icon Views:
110
like-icon Page likes:
0
dislike-icon Page dislikes:
0
comments-iconComments:
0
calendar-icon Posted on: 2020-06-03 06:46:16
share-icon Share(s):
0
OBAFEMI-HAMZAT-1200X900-1



Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat, has announced that the construction of Fourth Mainland Bridge will start in the first quarter of 2021.

He disclosed this on Tuesday during ‘Covinspiration’, an online session marking the one year anniversary of the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu government.

Hamzat said the administration was aggressively pursuing various infrastructural renewal programmes to lift the people.

He noted that on completion, the bridge would break gridlock and ease transportation in Lagos.

DO YOU KNOW >>> I’ve been informed of threat to Joy Nunieh’s life says Reno Omokri - Akpabio

READ ALSO >>> Lagos shortlists 10 firms for Fourth Mainland Bridge construction

“The project is key for our administration and we flagged the construction of regional roads within VGC two days ago, the project has been awarded to Hi-Tech Company. First Quarter of next year (2021), we will be able to start the 4th Mainland Bridge,” he stated.

Hamzat said the regional road for the Fourth Mainland Bridge will break traffic away from the Lekki-Epe Expressway and increase the viability of the Bridge.

He expressed hope that by November or December, plans will have been concluded for work to begin.

Hazmat, an Engineer himself, confirmed that of the 32 Consortiums bidded, 9 have been shortlisted.

READ ALSO >>> Misconception about Rwanda genocide and the Igbo agitation - Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

READ ALSO >>> Lagos Government seals medical laboratory conducting coronavirus tests illegally - COVID-19

The deputy governor also disclosed that the government was looking for partnerships with private organisations on the project.

He added that work was progressing on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway to unlock the tourism potential in Badagry.

On traffic management, the deputy governor said that the administration had been able to reduce lockjam by 15 percent to 20 percent.

“In order to expand roads and give room for free vehicular movements, we have been able to remove some of the roundabouts which include Allen Roundabout, Ikotun Roundabout, Lekki, Abraham Adesanya Roundabouts are all gone”, he cited.

BREAKING >>> Lampard reveals why Sheffield United hammered Chelsea 3-0 - EPL

In April, a joint statement by the Governor’s Special Adviser on Works, Aramide Adeyoye, and the Director-General, Public-Private Partnerships (PPP), Ope George, listed the shortlisted bidders.

Six Chinese firms made the cut. They are CCECC Nigeria Limited; CGGC-CGC Joint Venture; China Harbour Engineering Company Limited; China State Construction Engineering Corporation Nigeria Limited; Power Construction Corporation of China, and Mota-Engil and CCCC Consortium.

Others are IC ICTAS Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S; Ingenieros Consultores, S.A., through Makais Energy; Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, and Mutual Commitment Company Limited.


For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG

Kindly share this post on different Social Media below


COMMENTS

NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.


NO POSTED COMMENT