logo-profile

OTICE

.COM

.NG


Home of Nigeria Latest News and Updated Information

Court orders evacuation of El-Zakzaky’s wife to COVID-19 treatment center - Kaduna

user_icon Posted by:
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
views-icon Views:
107
like-icon Page likes:
0
dislike-icon Page dislikes:
0
comments-iconComments:
0
calendar-icon Posted on: 2021-01-25 16:52:56
share-icon Share(s):
0
ZEENAH-IBRAHIM



A Kaduna State High Court, on Monday, ordered the Nigerian Correctional Service to evacuate the wife of the leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), Zeenat, to an isolation centre, for COVID-19 treatment.
Recall that Zeenah Ibrahim was last week alleged to have contracted COVID-19.
But the Controller of Kaduna Correctional Service, Ibrahim Maradun denied the claims sayinghe is yet to receive test results after Zeenat’s sample was taken on Wednesday by officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
But in a ruling on Monday, Justice Gideon Kurada of a Kaduna High Court, ordered her immediate evacuation to a government-approved isolation and treatment centre.
Confirming the order, after the secret trial of Zeenat and Ibrahim El Zakzaky, Femi Falana, SAN, said his client tested positive for COVID-19.
Falana said his team presented the results of the test before the court and applied that Zeenat, the second defendant in the trial who tested positive to the virus more than one week ago, be availed with a proper medical facility to get treatment.
Falana said the Medical facility at the Kaduna correctional centre does not have the needed facilities to treat the virus.
“Today at the resumed trial of the client case, the prosecution brought four witnesses including a medical doctor who testified before the court.
”But we also applied to the court, we drew the attention of the court on behalf of our clients to the fact that the wife of our client Zeenat had tested positive to the dangerous Covid-19 pandemic and she is being treated in the medical centre of the correctional facility.” NAN quoted him as saying.
Also, Mr Chris Umar, the state Solicitor General and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice said the prosecution did not object to the application.
He said the prosecution presented four witnesses, bringing the number of witnesses who testified before the court to eight.
”We have more witnesses,” he added

DO YOU KNOW >>> Police arrest 40 suspects over criminal offences in FCT

READ ALSO >>> Court revokes possession of 500 houses in Ogun

READ ALSO >>> COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Africa has gathered steam – WHO

READ ALSO >>> Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky knows fate September 29 as court fixes date judgement

READ ALSO >>> Northern Governors, traditional rulers, IGP, others meet in Kaduna - Insecurity

BREAKING >>> Restore professionalism in EFCC – PDP charges Bawa


For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG

Kindly share this post on different Social Media below


Tags:


COMMENTS

NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.


NO POSTED COMMENT