10 things you need to know this Wednesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Good morning! Here is today's summary from :
1. Ex-Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen. Tukur Yusufu Buratai (rtd), was yesterday deployed to Benin Republic as Ambassador of Nigeria, while General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin (rtd), Ex-Chief of Defence Staff, was appointed the head of mission to Cameroon. This was disclosed by Mr Kimiebi Ebienfa, information officer of the ministry of foreign affairs.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a committee to negotiate with Twitter over it’s suspension in the country. Twitter had written to President Muhammadu Buhari, seeking restoration of its operations in Nigeria. Special Assistant to the Minister of Information and Culture, Segun Adeyemi disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
3. The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) says it is set to resume mass action in Kaduna State. President of NLC, Ayuba Wabba, disclosed this to journalists in Abuja shortly after an emergency National Executive Council meeting on Tuesday.
4. A suspected kidnapper has been killed while trying to abduct an expatriate in Dankande, Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State. In a statement, Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammad Jalige, said the body of the bandit has been recovered.
5. The Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Babafemi Ojudu, on Tuesday said despite the increasing calls for the resignation of President Muhammadu Buhari, he would complete his tenure unblemished. He spoke while representing Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the presentation of a book, ‘Buhari In Us,' written by Abdullahi Haruna, in Abuja on Tuesday.
6. The National Assembly was, yesterday, thrown into chaos, following massive leakage from the roof of the building housing the Senate and House of Representatives, which led to the disruption of plenary session. Some of the lawmakers described the leaking roof as an embarrassment to the country.
7. At least, two persons have been confirmed dead, while 13 vehicles were burnt when a petroleum tanker exploded at the Ogere-Remo axis of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, yesterday morning. The Public Relations Officer of the state's Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Babatunde Akinbiyi confirmed the incident to newsmen yesterday.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that his administration would continue to give priority to security and welfare. Speaking at the passing out ceremony of the third regular cadet course of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano, the president said security was paramount for the nation to move forward.
9. Ebonyi Commissioner for Infrastructure Development Engr. Fidelis Nweze is dead. He died in a hospital in Abuja due to the injuries he sustained in an auto crash earlier in the week. Governor David Umahi confirmed his death to reporters on Tuesday in Abakaliki, capital of the state.
10. The Senate on Tuesday confirmed the nomination of Major General Farouk Yahaya for appointment as Chief of Army Staff (COAS). The confirmation of Yahaya followed the presentation and consideration of the report of the Joint Senate Committee on Defence and Army at plenary.
HILARIOUS >>> WATCH Comedy Video: Don Jazzy - Delivery Man In Trouble
LISTEN TO >>> Music Mp3: Sarkodie Ft Oxlade - Non Living Thing
WATCH >>> Video: KIng Perryy - Yawa
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.