10 things you need to know this Wednesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Good morning! Here is today's summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has approved new security measures specifically for the South East and South-South geo-political zones of the country. The acting Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba disclosed this on Tuesday while briefing state house correspondents shortly after the security meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. Worried by the deteriorating security situation in the country, governors of the southern states, yesterday, demanded that President Muhammadu Buhari convokes a national dialogue. Chairman of the Southern Governor's Forum and Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu made this known shortly after the SNGF meeting in Delta State.
3. Fiery Catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka has announced the closure of the Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria (AMEN) for one month. A notice sent out by the ministry yesterday, informed members that Mbaka was proceeding on a one-month private prayer retreat.
4. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), yesterday, said the burglary at the residence of Professor Ibrahim Gambari, Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, located within the precincts of Aso Rock, is an indication that the President cannot secure the country. This was contained in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.
5. Gunmen yesterday attacked Ohafia, in Ohafia Local Government Area of Abia State and burnt down the office of the National Law Drug Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). Abia State command, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Geoffrey Ogbonna, said preliminary report was that it was a fire incident.
6. Two suspected notorious criminals who abduct, kill and bury their victims in shallow graves were apprehended by police in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue State yesterday. State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Catherine Anene, confirmed the report.
7. The COVID-19 strain, which is currently ravaging India, has been found in Nigeria. The strain was detected by the African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases in the Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State.
8. The Federal Government yesterday declared that the killing of security operatives amounted to a declaration of war on the country. Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed stated this at a news conference in Lagos.
9. House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila yesterday warned that Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that have formed the habit of not remitting retention funds to the treasury will be punished. Gbajabiamila spoke at a public hearing on the need to investigate the failure of MDAs to remit retention funds.
10. The Nigeria Police Force yesterday ordered immediate withdrawal of personnel attached to governors, senators, public office holders and high profile persons in the South East. The directive was contained in a police wireless message shared by The Whistler.
Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning
HILARIOUS >>> WATCH Comedy Video: Mr Macaroni - Set Up
LISTEN TO >>> Music Mp3: Mimigold - Body
WATCH >>> Video: LAX Ft Davido - PEPE
READ ALSO >>> Download Music Video: Saeon Moruda Ft Falz – Gbaun
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.