10 things you need to know this Wednesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Abdulrasheed Bawa as the substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Mr Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, announced this in a statement on Tuesday.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, Tuesday, in Abuja, said that the stability of the country is of paramount interest to him and that the Federal Government will continue to work towards it despite the actions of a few people. Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of Borno/Yobe Elders Forum on a courtesy call.
3. The Federal High Court, Abuja, has dismissed a suit seeking an order to restrain Mr. Mohammed Adamu from parading himself as the Inspector-General of Police (IGP). Justice Ahmed Mohammed gave the ruling on Tuesday following a motion exparte with suit number: FHC/ABJ/CS/106/21 filed by Maxwell Opara, a legal practitioner and argued by Ugochukwu Ezekiel, his lawyer.
4. Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party met with Ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday. Ex-senate president, Bukola Saraki made this known via a tweet.
5. Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, has said millions of eligible Nigerian voters may not have the opportunity to vote in 2023 general election if additional new polling units are not established. Yakubu made this known while addressing members of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), yesterday, in Kaduna.
6. Kebbi Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Bagudu, yesterday led a delegation of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF) on a fact-finding mission to the popular Shasha community, Ibadan, where Hausa and Yoruba clashed heavily last week Friday and Saturday, which resulted to many deaths and burning of houses and shops.
7. The decomposing body of Victor Becker, a 72-year-old veteran Nollywood actor, was found at his apartment in Abuja on Monday. His neighbours discovered the body on Monday evening. The news was shared by Jesse Nazareth, Mayor of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Abuja on Tuesday.
8. There is no plan to increase the pump price of petrol, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said on Tuesday. Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Dr Kennie Obateru, dismissed rumours about an imminent upward review of the pump price of petrol.
9. Over 140 houses were reportedly razed by Boko Haram militants in Egiri, Zira 1 and 2 villages of Biu Local Government Area of Borno State in northeast Nigeria. The militants carted away foodstuff and livestock, after displacing hundreds of people from the three settlements.
10. The Nigeria Center for Disease Control, NCDC has confirmed 1,368 new cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in 27 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The new development brings the total number of recorded infection in the country to 148,296.
READ ALSO >>> Ondo Government declares Wednesday work free day
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.