10 things you need to know this Tuesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Good morning! Here is today's summary from :
1. Self-acclaimed Yoruba activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has reportedly been arrested. As stated by reports, he was nabbed at an airport in Cotonou while attempting to fly to Germany.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said the vision of lifting 100 million Nigerian People out of the poverty cycle within 10 years can be done. Buhari said this Monday after commissioning the first National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA) Integrated Farm Estate in Suduje-Daura, Katsina State.
3.Gunmen broke into a General Hospital, Ugwolawo, Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State, on Monday, and abducted Solomon Nidiamaka, a medical doctor. Confirming the incident, Dr Omakoji Simeon Oyiguh and Dr Famotele Talorunju, appealed for the intervention of the government.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Professor Ibrahim Dantani Wushishi as Registrar/Chief Executive of the National Examination Council (NECO). In a letter with reference No: FME/PSE/NECO/1078/C.1/36, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, stated that the appointment of Wushishi is for an initial tenure of five years.
5. At least 30 persons have been confirmed dead following the outbreak of cholera in nine local government areas of Jigawa state. This was disclosed by the Permanent Secretary of the state Ministry of Health, Dr. Salisu Mu'azu, at a media briefing in Dutse on Monday.
6. The Ex-Governors Forum (FGF) has called on Nigerian People to eschew bitterness and continue to pray for a great future of Nigeria. This was contained in a Sallah Message jointly signed by the forum's Chairman and Ex-governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, and its secretary Professor Tunda Esan.
7. Gunmen suspected to be armed bandits have abducted the Principal of Comprehensive Government Girls Secondary School in Moriki Hajiya Halima Na'Alain Zamfara State. She was whisked away with three other staff of the school.
8. A Federal High Court sitting in Awka, the capital of Anambra State, yesterday affirmed Charles Soludo, Ex-governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), as the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) ahead of the governorship election in the State. Justice Chukwudi Okaa who presided over the proceeding, made the pronouncement.
9. An Air Force fighter pilot jumped to safety on Sunday after bandits shot down a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha jet in Zamfara State. Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Gen. Lucky Irabor has met with retired military officers in the zone to enlist their support for the onslaught against the bandits.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has given the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) a marching order to complete all ongoing projects in the Niger Delta. The directive, As stated by the NDDC Interim Administrator, Mike Akwa, was conveyed to the commission by the Niger Delta Affairs Minister, Godswill Akpabio.
HILARIOUS >>> WATCH Comedy Video: MC Lively Ft Don Jazzy – Smile
READ ALSO >>> Download Music Video: Dremo - "All Work, No Play"
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.