10 things you need to know this Saturday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The presidency, yesterday, alleged that the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry (AMEN), Ejike Mbaka had visited President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House seeking for contract. This was contained in a statement by Buhari’s spokesman, Garba Shehu.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, assured Nigerian People that the nation will overcome the current security challenges. Major General Babagana Monguno (Rtd), National Security Adviser, made this known yesterday after a parley the President summoned.
3. The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, yesterday approved Pfizer-BionTech COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use in Nigeria. Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof Mojisola Adeyeye announced this yesterday in Lagos State.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday, presided over a closed-door security meeting, with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and Security chiefs in attendance at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The meeting aimed at ending the lingering security crisis across the nation.
5. The Benue State Government yesterday, slammed the presidency over the recent statement which criticised Governor, Samuel Ortom for demanding a state of emergency on security. In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Ortom, the state government said the governor deserves commendation not condemnation from Buhari.
6. The United States Mission in Nigeria, yesterday, pledged to prioritise visa applications for students who hope to resume academic studies in the states by September 2021. This was contained in a statement signed by the US Mission Country Consular Coordinator, Susan Tuller.
7. Organizers of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija reality show has announced that auditioning for season 6 would commence from 3rd to 16th of May 2021. This was made known in a tweet on Friday via its Twitter handle.
8. The Federal Government has insisted that Nigerian People should brace up for an increment in the pump price of petrol, in the light of the current economic situation in the country, saying subsidy cannot continue. The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva made this known yesterday.
9. Notorious bandit leader, Auwalun Daudawa who led his gang to abduct over 300 students of Government Science Secondary School Kankara, Katsina State last December has been killed. The Commissioner for Security and Home Affairs in Zamfara State, Abubakar Dauran, confirmed his death yesterday.
10. Nine journalists from various media houses yesterday, escaped death in their line of duty following an attack by hoodlums, allegedly aided by policemen.
HILARIOUS >>> WATCH Comedy Video: Alhaji Musa – The Maid (Part 2)
LISTEN TO >>> Music : BBM iphanyi – For My Table
READ ALSO >>> Hypersexuality: How Much Sex Is Too Much?
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.