10 things you need to know this morning - Nigerian newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning: Here are 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning:
1. Report says this morning that, Christians in Nigeria’s main opposition party, APC, have threatened to dumb the party for being biased religiously. The threat is coming after it was gathered that both Mohammadu Buhari and Ahmed Bola Tinubu have been penned down as its consensus candidates for the 2015 election.
2. Ex-Deputy Governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, emerged victorious yesterday at the Peoples Democratic Party governorship primary.
The Chairman of Osun 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election, Mr. Adamu Aliero, announced that Omisore scored 1,128 votes while Senator Olasunkanmi Alkinlabi got 45 votes. Mr. Wole Oke got five votes and 18 votes were invalid.
DO YOU KNOW >>> Buhari approves new appointments
3. Northen elders have kicked against Federal government’s intention to extend the state of emergency in the 3 troubled northern states. In support of the elders’ position, the Governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako and his Borno State counterpart, Kashim Shattima, have advised the Federal Government to review its strategy on security and to ensure the emergency rule in the affected states does not go beyond the deadline.
4. Gov. Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State has said more governors have concluded plans to join the All Progressives Congress. Wamakko who made this statement in Wamakko Local government area of Sokoto state did not mention names of the Governor.
5. Residents of Soka area, where many decomposing human bodies and captives were discovered and set free few weeks ago have asked the security operatives in the area to investigate the Fulani herdsmen who were seen in the area when the discovery was made.
6. The fate of the 37 members of the House of Representative who defected from the PDP to APC would be decided on Wednesday. The PDP Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh disclosed this to newsmen yesterday after being asked of the next line of action against the members.
7. Vice President, Namadi Sambo assured yesterday that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan will not tolerate disunity in the country, asserting that the cooperate existence of nigeria as an entity cannot be compromised. He said this on Saturday in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, during the traditional wedding of the President’s foster daughter, Faith Sakwe.
8. Following an SUG election in Abrose Ali University, Ekpoma, a student was yesterday killed in a clash between two rival cults. The incident has led to deployment of security operatives to the school.
9. Three days afer his Son was kidnapped, elders statesman, Chief Edwin Clark has appealed to the kidnapper to as a matter of urgency release his Son. Clark said he was not surprised that his Son was kidnapped since nothing seriously had been done to curb the menace from the region.
10. On sports, Ex-national team coach, James Peters has said it would be disastrous if Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi yields to the calls for the inclusion of Peter Osaze Odemwingie and Ikechukwu Uche in the 2014 World Cup squad. He said it will be inappropriate to have those that were not originally in Keshi’s list and plans in the squad. He said such will distort his plans.
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.