10 things you need to know this Monday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Good morning! Here is today's summary from :
1. Armed men suspected to be bandits have attacked Kurar Mota community, in Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State, killing at least 13 police officers. A statement by a media aide of Governor Bello Matawalle, Yusuf Idris Gusau, confirmed the incident.
2. Following a recent claim by Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Mathew Kukah over the alleged killing of Christians, the presidency, on Sunday said it is unfortunate, and disappointing, for citizens of Nigeria to bear witness to one of their Churchmen castigating their country in front of representatives of a foreign parliament. This was contained in a statement by Garba Shehu, a senior special assistant to the President on Media and Publicity.
3. Governor Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina State, yesterday, called on the Nigerian elite to be more supportive of the Federal Government by avoiding unpatriotic conduct which casts the country in bad light. The governor stated this in a statement by his Director General, Media, Abdul Labaran Malumfashi.
4. The Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, on Sunday declared its support for the Southern governors on rotational presidency. Jareh Ajayi, the National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere made the group’s stance known in an interview yesterday.
5. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has debunked a report of a military air crash in Kaduna State on Sunday. The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet who spoke to reporters on Sunday evening, said there was no plane crash in Kaduna.
6. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has said bullets and other forces of arms alone cannot stop armed robbery, banditry and other forms of criminality in the country. He said this on Sunday in Abuja at the 50th birthday reception of a Ex-Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and Minister of Aviation, Chief Osita Chidoka.
7. Bandits have killed one villager and abducted 7 persons, including three women at Birnin Gwari Local Government of Kaduna State. The State Police Command is yet to comment on the incident as the Public Relations Officer, ASP Jalige Mohammed, promised to get details from the area before commenting.
8. Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has said the north is the problem of itself. In an interview he granted to DW Hausa in Gusau, the state capital, Matawalle tackled those calling for his removal over his defection.
9. Five gunmen, suspected to be kidnappers, were at the weekend, burnt to death along the Afuze-Uokha road in Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State. The state police command's spokesperson, Kontongs Bello, confirmed the incident.
10. A suit instituted by 12 detained associates of Yoruba nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, against the Department of State Services and its Director-General, Yusuf Bichi, will come up for hearing on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, (Sallah day) at the Federal High Court, Abuja, one of the counsels for the applicants, Pelumi Olajengbesi, has said.
HILARIOUS >>> WATCH Comedy Video: MC Lively - Love Or Money?
LISTEN TO >>> Music Mp3: Teni - Injure Me
WATCH >>> Video: Mr P Ft Singah - Paloma
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.