10 things you need to know this Monday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning! Here are 10 things you need to know this morning:
1. It was a black Sunday in Jos, the Plateau State capital following the twin bomb blasts that rocked the city. Report says many were killed in the blasts that occurred in a popular mosque and another busy area along Bauchi Road.
2. The South-East Governors’ Forum on Sunday faulted the transfer of Boko Haram suspects to Anambra prison, requesting that the suspects be relocated immediately as their presence in the zone has serious psychological effect on the people.
3. The presidency has cleared that the twitter handle of Zara Buhari had since been hacked and the recent tweet condemning some countries never came from her. This was As stated by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu.
DO YOU KNOW >>> COVID-19 corpse still infectious – Lagos Government warns
4. Four of the robbers that raided some banks at the Ikorodu area of Lagos State have now been arrested. Report says they were arrested from Okitipupa, Ondo State, and Ikorodu, Lagos State, alongside three Sports Utility Vehicles allegedly bought from the proceeds of the operation. The suspect’s names were given as Monday Akpan, Bright Agbojule, Jafaru, and Baba Ibeji.
5. Report says a meeting between Speaker Yakubu Dogara and Femi Gbajabiamila ended yet in disagreement as the Ex-minority leader was said to have insisted on becoming the majority leader in compliance with the decision of the APC. Gbajbiamila’s group insisted that principal offices in the House should go round the six geo-political zones.
6. No fewer than six persons were confirmed killed on Sunday following Boko Haram’s suicide attack on a Redeemed church in Potiskum, Yobe state. Mr Toyin Gbadegesin, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the state command Command confirmed the attack and the casualty figure.
7. Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu is expected to appear before the police at the Force Headquarters today over forged Senate Rules on election of its principal officers. Report says a Senator petitioned the police on the alleged forgery.
8. Parents of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls on Sunday cautioned the public on the activities of some fraudsters who are currently using their names to defraud Nigerian People and corporate bodies.
9. Ex-President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has called on Nigerian People to support and pray for the sitting President, Muhammadu Buhari, in order to win the war against the Boko Haram insurgents. Jonathan who gave the advice on his facebook page condemned the Sunday attack on a Redeemed Church in Yobe.
10. Report says Super Eagles Captain, Vincent Enyeama may be on his way out of the Super Eagles if the NFF recommendation over his comment on security in Kaduna State stands. This was disclosed by an official of the NFF.
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.