10 things you need to know this Friday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Suspected Boko Haram criminals attempted to attack Damaturu, Yobe State capital in the late hours of Thursday.
Residents around 3-Bedroom and Zanna Zakariya Housing Estates, which are few minutes away from the force headquarters, said heavy bombardments by the Nigeria Air Force fighter jet and gun shots could be heard from the area, along Gashua road.
2. An aide to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo reportedly molested a journalist with Vanguard Newspaper during a public function at the Presidential Villa.
DO YOU KNOW >>> 10 things you need to know this morning - Nigerian Newspapers
The security aides reportedly pounced on the photojournalist while doing his job without any reason.
3. Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Femi Falana, has threatened legal action against the Department of State Services (DSS), for refusing to release the convener of the #RevolutionNow Movement, Omoyele Sowore.
He said failure to release the activist would lead to legal action against the security agency.
4. Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), human rights lawyer, has reacted to the alleged sack of over 30 presidential aides attached to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.
He said like Ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Osinbajo should put up a strong fight against his principal, Buhari.
5. The National Chairman of Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) Mr Dan Nwanyawu, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to send Mr Ibrahim Magu to the Senate for confirmation as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).
Nwanyawu, who made the call while addressing journalists on Thursday in Abuja, said that the good works of Magu in acting capacity was a justification for the call.
6. Names of aides to Vice President Osinabjo who were sacked by President Mubammadu Buhari have emerged.
Top of the list of those allegedly sacked included: Ajibola Ajayi, the daughter of Ex-governor of Oyo state, Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi, who was appointed Special Assistant, Legal to the President (VP’s office) in August 2019. Ajayi was a Ex-Special Adviser to the President on Bureau of Public Enterprises, BPE, VP’s office, from October 2015 to May 2019.
7. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Thursday described Junaid Mohammed, Second Republic lawmaker as a “glorified Almajiri.”
IPOB said both Mohammed and a prominent Northern elder, Ango Abdullahi have nothing to offer apart from allegedly threatening people and promoting “Fulani cattle hegemony” across Nigeria.
8. The Federal Government on Thursday admonished Okoi Obono-Obla, the Ex-Chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for Recovery of Public Property Property (SPIP) to stop whipping public sentiments over his travails but face his trial.
The Chairman of Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Prof, Bolaji Owasanoye, said the claim by Obono-Obla is being persecuted The ICPC boss said that such allegation was common among politicians exposed accused persons who liked to weave religious, ethnicity and partisanship sentiment to over up for their misdeeds.
9. The governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, on Thursday reacted to the collapsed building in Akaeze community, Ivo LGA which resulted to death of three siblings in the state.
The governor, who spoke when he visited the family of the victims in company of some stakeholders and foundling fathers of the state, said he received the news of the collapsed building with a heavy shock.
10. A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the South-South, Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, on Thursday, alleged that some beneficiaries of the “large-heartedness” of the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi were plotting against him.
Eze claimed that a group led by Ex-Rivers Senator, Magnus Abe was “working very hard to humiliate the Minister of Transportation.”
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.