10 things you need to know Tuesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Tiamiyu Saheed Oluwatosin
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Federal Government, on Monday inaugurated the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
The investiture, which was conducted by the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Alhaji. Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, in Abuja will have Mr. Olufemi Lijadu as Chairman of the Board of the Commission.
2. The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on Monday dismissed the application filed by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, seeking to inspect INEC server allegedly used in collating results for the Feb. 23 general election.
The Justice Mohammed Garba, Chairman of the panel, held that granting such application at this interlocutory stage would preempt the substantive petition.
3. Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has welcomed the ruling by the Presidential Election Tribunal rejecting request by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to inspect the contentious server of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
His spokesman, Garba Shehu, in a statement Monday night, said the opposition’s attempt to overreach judicial process was overwhelmingly rejected by a unanimous decision.
4. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Monday evening paraded one Adah Eche, a 19-year-old admission seeker who allegedly falsified his Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) result.
Professor Is-haq Oloyede, JAMB’s Registrar, who paraded the suspect before newsmen at the board’s Headquarters in Bwari, Abuja, said that the suspect, who sat for the 2019 UTME scored 153, but decided to connive with an examination syndicate who allegedly increased his scores.
5. Troops of operation HARBIN KUNAMA III, on routine patrol to Danboa village, on Monday, intercepted some notorious bandits’ informants and logistics suppliers at Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State.
Colonel Sagir Musa, Acting Director Army Public Relations in a statement, disclosed that the troops, acting on credible intelligence report, raided the location and apprehended the criminals who were transacting at Burkusuna market.
6. The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has finally released a list of candidates shortlisted for its 2019 recruitment.
The force advised shortlisted candidates to check their email accounts to confirm that they have been shortlisted for the screening exercise and also to confirm the date, venue and time for screening.
7. The apex umbrella body of youths in the Southwest geo political zone, Yoruba Council of Youths Worldwide, YCYW, has demanded the immediate vacation of Fulani herdsmen causing havoc to the people of the region.
The group made this known through a press statement signed by its President General, Aremo Oladotun Hassan on Monday.
8. A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has deferred hearing on fundamental right enforcement suits filed by the Ex-Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
At the resumed proceeding on the case on Monday, Justice Taiwo adjourned the planned hearing to await the outcome of the petition against him.
9. A Transition Committee set up by Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has alleged that ex-Gov Abdulaziz Yari, misappropriated the sum of N251,951,849,482.50.
This was revealed to journalists on Monday by the Chairman of the Transition Committee and immediate past Deputy governor of the state, Mallam Ibrahim Wakkala.
10. The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up a fact-finding committee on the role played by some of its members at the election of the presiding officers of the National Assembly.
The Chairman of the Committee, is a Ex-President of the Senate, Sen. Adolphus Wabara, and Ex-National Secretary of the party, Professor Wale Oladipo, as the committee’s Secretary.
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.